Life gets pretty busy sometimes and there always seems to be a myriad of things vying for our time and attention. It’s easy to get caught up in the whirlwind of modern consumerist culture, where there’s so much pressure to look a particular way, to have a million friends, to achieve a certain type of success (which always seems be connected to how much money you make), have a multitude of material possessions and all the latest and greatest gadgets etc. etc. At times like this I think it’s important to step back and reflect on all that I do have, rather than worry about what I don’t have. It’s important to simply be grateful.
Today, I am grateful for:
- These gorgeous violets in our backyard. They weren’t there when we moved into our home and we didn’t plant them, either. They just kind of magically appeared! I think they may have snuck under the fence from our neighbours yard. I love their pretty little blooms and delicate fragrance!
- New opportunities. Sometimes it’s scary to take risks and try new things, but it’s wonderful to simply have the opportunity to give something a go.
- Lovely feedback. I really appreciate it when I get kind feedback from people who like my website or have found my patterns and tutorials helpful. It makes me happy to know that I have contributed in some small way to helping people explore their creativity in a positive way.
- Fresh food. Matt and I are on a bit of a health kick at the moment and we have been making lots of delicious, fresh fruit and vegetable juice. Yum!
- These pretty bulbs! We’re slowly re-landscaping a small section of our garden, which included putting in some paved edging and transplanting a selection of bulbs. The plants are stretching their leaves up towards the sun and bringing some much appreciated colour and life to our wintery garden.
I’d also like to thank shine little light*, who often posts about things to be grateful for and has inspired me to make this a regular habit, myself. What are you grateful for today?
© 2012, Angela. All rights reserved. On reposting any images contained herein you must provide link to original post. Please don’t repost entire posts without my permission.