Welcome to my blog. I hope you like hanging out here with me. This is a place where I share the things I love; primarily fashion, handmade things and vintage things. You will find lots of DIYs and tutorials, outfit posts, things that I’m making, fashion-y things, crafty things and things that inspire me. Grab a cup of tea and stick around for a while.
- I drink a lot of tea. And I mean a lot! Especially green tea with jasmine, mmm…
- I live with my husband, Matt and our kitty, Princess Buttercup.
- I dream of one day having a big back yard where I can have a veggie patch and grow fruit trees.
- I like everything to be very neat and organised. Unfortunately I am not very good at being neat and organised. This can be problematic.
- I love vintage dresses and accessories. They tend to have a personality all of their own.
- I hoard random items, telling my husband that they have great “crafting potential”.
- Some people say I can be overly emotional. They are correct.
- I have an obsessive need to be busy all the time.
- I have two brothers, they too are very creative and I am thankful to my parents for bringing us up in a way that encouraged creativity and resourcefulness.
- I love Autumn and even though I’m technically a “grown up” I still run through the Autumn leaves on the footpath kicking them and jumping on them because I like the sound they make.
More about me…
I grew up on a farm in a small country town in South Australia. So yes, I am a country girl although I’m now living in suburbia! When I was just a little girl my Mum taught me to sew on scraps of pink and white gingham so I could use the tiny checks as a guide to keep my stitches even and straight. It wasn’t long before I started making hankies and clothes for my dolls and then, under the guidance of my ever patient Mum, I progressed to making clothes for myself.
It seemed natural to further my skills by undertaking tertiary study in the area of design and in 2008 I successfully completed an Advanced Diploma in Fashion Design Technology. I’ve always felt very lucky that I was able to study something that I love so much.
Since then I’ve been doing a few different things here and there and am now focusing my energies on running this blog and developing a range of PDF dressmaking patterns specifically aimed at people who have little or no sewing experience.
Exploring creative outlets is such an important part of my life and I want to share it with you. I think that everyone has some creative juices in them, whether they realise it or not. I think that if you can tap into that creative part of yourself, it has the capacity to really enrich both your own life and the lives of other people around you. I’d love to hear about your creative pursuits too, so we can encourage and inspire each other.
© 2011, Angela. All rights reserved. On reposting any images contained herein you must provide link to original post. Please don’t repost entire posts without my permission.